Philosophy for Teaching the Bilingual Student-cites should come from either Dr. Wayne P. Thomas, or Socorro G. Herrera from text

I am a high school Chemistry Special Education Teacher in Chicago with a 85% Mexican population, the remaining 15% are African Americans, Asians and Caucasians. I am not a Bilingual Teacher, put is taking classes to become an English Second Language (ESL) endorsed Teacher. My classroom setting: use a variety of Special Education accommodations -visuals,groups, study guides, one-on-one, graphic organizers, extended time on assignment and etc. I celebrate all cultures. I would like to incorporate strategies (Translanguaging design in instruction, assessment, classroom space, classroom practice,and content) that will cater to the learning success of English Language Learners. I believe in Dual-language programs educate both English learners and native English speakers w/o incurring extra costs in all U.S. public schools. Highlights from my textbooks: \”The Prism Model by Wayne P. Thomas, or citations from Professor J. Cummins-The Demands of Second Language Acquisition, and citations from Ofelia Garcia-The Translanguaging Classroom.
My Essay Requirements:

Final Project: Philosophy for Teaching the Bilingual Student
Option 1: Write a 4-5 page essay that describes your philosophy for teaching
bilingual students.
Language: This assignment can be completed in English
Both options will minimally include the following:
Title
Introduction
o Describe the context in which your work.
o Describe the students you work with.
o Describe how you have worked with your students before this course.
Body
o Consider these paragraphs to be persuasive. Why is your
philosophy best for bilingual students?
o Include at least 3-4 beliefs/understandings about English Learners and
how they learn.
o Cite at least 1 source that supports your belief.
o Explain the relationship between your citation and your
understanding, giving examples.
Conclusion
o Describe the elements of your classroom that will attend to the
English Learners needs in your classroom.
o How will you know that these elements are supporting your students
English Language Development and achievement?
o How has your philosophy developed as a result of this class? (any
aha moments?)
Bibliography
There will be a balance between your philosophy (what you believe about the
bilingual students and how to address their specific needs)
This is clearly about the bilingual student, not a general philosophy of
teaching
A clear understanding of research will be evident (dont just write your
thoughts without supportive evidence).
A final draft will be submitted that is free of grammatical and spelling errors,
is cohesive and written in your own words.
Rubric
1. Idea Development: Using sound assumptions and arguments, the assignment logically develops your views about the purposes of education, guiding educational principles for bilingual students, understanding of learning, and/or the most appropriate strategies for teaching. Assignment includes sound ethical or
psychological arguments and not just practical ones.

2. Specific Example/Evidence: Specific examples from the writers personal
experience, academic work, or field experience illustrate points in a vivid or memorable
way. And Balanced with research.

3. Quality of Writing: In addition to being clear, well organized, free from errors of mechanics and usage, and written in an appropriate academic style, the assignment 1)
has a single, unifying theme and 2) is strongly suggestive of the writers voice.