Assignment #1 Personal Philosophy of Learning
Consider your present knowledge and opinions of learning theory as well as, your experience as an educator. Reflect on your personal philosophy of learning.
Respond to all four of these questions. Answer each question in its own paragraph or section, and number them 1-4. Consider the wording of the questions carefully. Supporting rationales must be convincing and please present several examples.
1.) How do you believe that students learn best?
2.) Does learning vary from content area to content area?
3.) Is acquiring content knowledge significantly different from acquiring skills?
4.) How may a teacher best achieve student learning?
RUBICS FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
1. Your personal statements were clearly stated with thorough breadth and depth of detail.
2. Conclusions regarding the assessment of learning from content area to content area were clearly stated and maintained the focus on student learning.
3. Conclusions regarding the assessment of learning from content area to content area were clearly stated and maintained the focus on student learning.
4. Conclusions regarding the acquisition of content knowledge versus skills were clearly stated and maintained the focus on student learning.
5. Best practices were identified clearly and demonstrated extensive evidence of current instructional methods and trends.
6. Supporting rationales were convincing and several examples were presented.
7. Exemplary use of capitalization and punctuation. All words spelled correctly. Exemplary usage (few or no errors with verb tenses, agreement, parallel structure, and similar areas). No significant errors in APA guidelines.