I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings – Create an essential question about your text. Now, write your own literary criticism of the text that answers your essential question. You must cite the original text and at least 2 additional outside sources.
Below is a copy of the rubric
(5) The thesis clearly articulates an insightful claim related to the meaning of the work as a whole.
The writers argument is convincing and well-developed. It clearly and accurately makes an argument through a specific literary lens regarding the meaning of the work.
Evidence/Literary Criticism (x2)
The essay effectively cites the text to support the writers position and cites at least two literary criticisms supporting the argument.
(a) The analysis for each piece of evidence thoroughly explains how it supports the topic sentence.
(b) The wrap-up analysis thoroughly explains how the paragraph supports the thesis.
(5) The essay is logically organized. The organization is appropriate to the content and argument.
Grammar & Mechanics
(5) The essay is free of grammar and spelling errors.
(5) Effective word choice is used throughout.
(5) MLA format is used throughout the essay correctly with no mistakes.