Guidelines for Written Analysis Paper:
Select a portion of the dialogue and transcribe it (IT IS ALREADY ATTACHED ON HERE, you will be analyzing my session like if you were me ~Hospice Social Worker Intern~).
Incorporate the following questions in your written analysis of the clinical case/macro recording:
1. Identify the current purpose and goal of the session or situation, your role (hospice social worker), as well as your relationship to the individual/group.
2. Listen to your recording and then reflect on and discuss your gut reactions to viewing/hearing the content. Analyze and describe your professional use of self in your responses (for example, managing potential countertransference, bias, over/under-identification with client/stakeholder and cultural/ values/power differences).
3. Discuss clinical or macro themes that were identified in the recording.
4. Describe two to three professional micro or macro social work practice skills along with interventions utilized, and then link them back to one or more competencies.
5. Discuss your overall effectiveness in the recording; include whether you felt that the planned interventions were successful, and provide evidence to support your analysis.
6. What did you learn about yourself through this written analysis? You may want to include strengths and growth areas in this section.
The Audio/Visual Analysis Paper should be APA format required but writing in first person is allowed for reflection.
*****This session was between a Hospice social worker intern (me) and a husband whose wife is dying from cancer and he is having a hard time dealing with the anticipatory grief. Wife is receiving hospice services and has a whole interdisciplinary team on call for her. Wife will probably die soon****