Chapter 17 of your textbook talks about disorders common in childhood and adolescence, including ADHD. To answer this discussion question, you will:
1. Read about ADHD in Chapter 17 of your textbook.
2. Read this article:http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/adhd/adhd.htm/printable
3. Watch this video: http://www.newsy.com/videos/signs-of-adhd-might-not-appear-until-adulthood/.
Based on the readings and video, please address the following:
1. Describe ADHD. Make sure to include the symptoms and diagnostic characteristics.
2. Describe how ADHD differs for adults and children. Also describe how ADHD is similar for adults and children.
3. The existence of ADHD in adults has been a somewhat contentious topic. Some believe that ADHD is a disorder only of childhood and some believe that ADHD can continue into adulthood. Explain your position on this issue and support your answer
It is important that your answers be in your own words. Avoid quoting or closely paraphrasing your textbook or any other resource. Ensure that you have answered the discussion question fully, with sufficient content, detail, and elaboration. Do not attach your answer as a Word document; your answer should be posted within the DB itself. Initial posts should be a minimum of 500 words.